SVN Help Please

tomw at videotron.ca tomw at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 8 00:01:51 CET 2007

Well I'm making some progress .... -:)

autogen.sh appears to finish executing ....  but I had to  installing a few other dependent packages (libtool etc.) first.

This message appears just after autogen.sh begins :
Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

What (& where)  exactly is my autoconf macro directory?

You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Are these files available in a Ubuntu package? Do they also get placed in the autoconf macro directory?

Please forgive the dumb newbie questions this is the first time I've tried to compile from a SVN repository.
(In the past it's always been tar balls then configure, make make, install)
Should I be asking these questions on another forum?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.