GTK+2 Application Themes

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 7 19:02:13 CET 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Erik Harrison wrote:

> Then something is broken because that's how you change the Gtk+ theme

Erik, Stephan, et al.:

   Different themes have different effects. The xfce panel is affected by all
of them.

   For example, 'dusk' changes the text entry widget background to black in
firefox and jpilot, and the background of the entire window in my
application.

   'Saltlake' affects only my application, and very subtly at that (3D edges
on notebook tabs, gradient color on buttons, no green as in the xfce
settings dialog).

   'Stellar' changes nothing on firefox, the spin controls in jpilot, and the
entire internal color of my application.

   'Winter' is similar to 'saltlake', but the gradient is reversed (dark on
top, light on bottom) and jpilot is not affected.

   I did not pay close enough attention to these subtleties before.
Interesting.

Thank you,

Rich