Paths and commands

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Wed Feb 7 18:05:15 CET 2007

John Coppens wrote:
> Hi...
>
> 1) Which path is used by xfce for its commands? If I type 'glade' in a
> terminal, it starts, but not in the menu xfce4 - there I have to specify
> the complete path.

Depends on the environment that exists in the shell that starts
xfce versus what's available in your terminal.  I can't really
help you more, I tend to get lost when trying to figure out how
GDM/KDM/XDM/whatever sets up the environment before kicking off
the various startup scripts.

> 2) Also, if I put 'LC_ALL=en_US /opt/gnome/bin/glade' as the menu command,
> the LC_ALL gets ignored. In this case, glade is started without the en_US
> locale. Do I have to write a wrapper script for this?

Try "env LC_ALL=en_US /opt/gnome/bin/glade".

> Thanks in advance...
> John

Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems             Austin, TX
   "It was a new day yesterday, but it's an old day now."