Matching windows to desktops

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Tue Feb 6 06:16:31 CET 2007

Bob Snyder wrote:
> Erik Harrison wrote:
>
>>> afterstep seems to exist as two executables -/usr/X11R6/bin/afterstep
>>> /usr/bin/X11/afterstep .  That's just one example of the type of
>>> complication that can make my attempts at doing this sort of thing blow
>>> up and right now I'm very sick of reinstalling.
>>>

>> Whichever is first in your path, or ask on an afterstep list.
>>

> These two are probably the same actual file. On my system (Slack 10.2),
> /usr/bin/X11 is a symlink to /usr/X11R6/bin.
>
> Bob S.
It looks as though they are probably the same file.  I shan't specify a
path.  Time to lurch forward into the unknown.

Thanks for the help.  I have no idea what I'm doing.  My previous best
guess was that a desktop was a Window Manager that had been
over-eating.  It's news to me that you can mix and match.

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org