Matching windows to desktops

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Tue Feb 6 02:55:41 CET 2007

Erik Harrison wrote:
> On 2/5/07, TerryJ <listmail at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> *Snip*
>
>> Thanks. I take it that "disown" is a command.  Now it's a matter of
>> finding and appropriately describing "new-wm-I-want".  :-\
>>

> Use Afterstep or WindowMaker.
>

>> I think it's probably safer for me to try another standalone window
>> manager.  AfterStep apparently stops this desktop shifting and
>> WindowMaker may do so, as far as I understand these matters.  "killall"
>> looks scary.
>>

> $ man killall
>
> :-)

I can use another desktop (no names) to amend Xfce documents.  That's
one reason I have other desktops.  I'd prefer not to use killall or
those other commands on the fly.

If I log in to another desktop (no name), which Xfce documents do I change?

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org