taglib/Thunar-Bundle and libusb/goodies question

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Feb 4 08:38:49 CET 2007

 	I'm finally getting around to installing the 4.4 release.  Due to
expediency I am using the GUI installers (who knows if there'll be rpms
for fc5).

 	So far xfce4 installed just fine.  However, goodies complained
about not having a new enough version of libusb.  Seems it wants 0.1.12
and I have 0.1.11-2.2 (the most current for FC5).

 	Second, when I tried to install Thunar-Bundle it's complaining
about taglib.  It wants taglib 1.4, which is all fine and good.  But I
have taglib 1.4-2.fc5 which, I would assume, should be close enough to 1.4
to work.  I was able to install the regular Thunar package, though.  BTW,
what's the difference between the two?

 	Now, neither of these issue should be a problem.  I haven't logged
into the new install of xfce4 yet but I don't anticipate any massive
difficulties (famous last words).

 	To summerize, the questions I have are this:

1) What is the difference between Thunar and Thunar-Bundle?

2) Is there really a hard requirement for libusb 0.1.12?

3) What is libusb needed for?

4) What's up with taglib and Thunar-Bundle?  Shouldn't that work?

 	That's it for now.  See you on the other side.

Joe