Keyboard Shortcut for Changing Volume

samuel verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 08:08:47 CET 2007

maybe take a look at the notification daemon? you could assign both
the amixer command and the notification command to the shortcut

something like:

amixer set Master 5- && notify-send -i
/usr/share/icons/Rodent/48x48/stock/stock_volume.png "VOLUME" "`amixer
sget Master | grep "Front Left:" | cut -d"[" -f2 | sed "s/\]//g`"

something like that :p