weird behavior of xkb plugin

Sergey Manucharian sergey.manucharian at rmico.com
Fri Dec 21 19:03:33 CET 2007

Hi all,

Yesterday I've finally upgraded my xfce from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2 along with
overall system update (xorg server is 1.4.0.90 now). Xkb keyboard
layout switcher plugin works now very strangely.

I have 3 layouts in the xorg.conf file: "us,ru,am". When xfce is started
up, the first (us) layout is shown properly, but 2 others do not show
up at all. When I change the layout by the keyboard key (mapped by
xmodmap), the xkb-plugin shows "(null)", but the actual layout is
changed to the proper one.

If I remove the plugin from the panel and add it again, everything
becomes working properly until I restart xfce...

Any ideas? Maybe kind of "race conditions" between xorg and xfce?
Do someone is experiencing the same problem?

Thanks,
Sergey