display_plugin.so and NX

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 00:57:43 CEST 2007

Maybe, I'm not sure. I found this link that showed using xrandr -s n to set
a new resolution. I'm still not understanding why there's an issue or what
it's doing. Without knowing I'd hate to jump in and start disabling things.
This effects 50 or so machines.

http://www.nomachine.com/tr/view.php?id=TR09D01492

Grant
On 8/29/07, Erik Harrison <erikharrison at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/29/07, Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash at gmail.com> wrote:
> > online
> didn't
> > get
> have
> > on
> > giving

> > > The display settings in the settings manager will be disabled.
> > >
> > > Regards, Alexander Toresson
> > >

> > An even more relevant question (but off topic) - why does this fix NX?
> If
> > you don't do this the display that's exported is about 1 inch by 2. Not
> even
> > large enough to click on the XFCE menu and log out.
>
> Is there an incompatibility between NX and XRandR? I'd check on an NX
> forum
>

> > Grant

> --
> Erik
> "If you want to go somewhere, goto is the best way to get there." - Ken
> Thompson

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
Windows."
Now they have two problems.