Keeping an app fixed on a specific workspace

Joost Kremers joostkremers at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 27 18:24:41 CEST 2007

Hi list,

Is there a way to tell Xfce to *not* *ever* move an app from the workspace
it is on, not even when hell freezes over or the sun explodes?

Right now, if I middle-click on a link in Terminal, or call emacsclient
from e.g. mutt or slrn, the app being called (Firefox or Emacs,
respectively), is moved to the workspace Terminal is on. I'd like to
disable this, because it messes up my work habit... (I have every app on a
workspace of its own, so that I always know where my apps are.)

I have set the option "Activate focus stealing prevention" in Window
Manager Tweaks | Focus, and unchecked "Honor the standard ICCCM focus
hints", which seemed to give the desired results in Xfce4.2. But now, with
Xfce4.4.1, this is no longer the case... :-(

[I've already asked this in another email to this list (subject: various
config questions), but the discussion in the thread ensuing from that mail
focused on some of the other questions that I asked, and now I'm hoping
someone who knows the answer might not have noticed this question because
of this discussion. My apologies if you've all read this question and feel
that I'm now waisting your time... :-/ ]

I'd very much appreciate any hints on this issue!

TIA

--
Joost Kremers, PhD
University of Cologne