GTK / Xfce audio CD burner?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 20 15:50:58 CEST 2007

Samuel Verstraete wrote:
> as the starting author of the recommendedapps wiki article i'd like to
> explain why opera is not suited for such list...
> The main reason why i never included opera is not because it's a QT app
> (though most qt apps don't fit in the list of light on memory
> usage ;) ) but because Opera is not open source. They are a commercial
> company with one goal: spreading Opera as browser. As Xfce is a
> non-profit "organization", initiative i choose to avoid commercial
> programs...

Well, you might want to take Firefox off the list too, as it's a
"commercial" program as well.

Oh, did you mean to say "proprietary" or "closed-source"?

Regardless, it's a bit closed-minded -- are we here to spread the GNU
religion, or to help people find the best way to get done whatever it is
they want to get done?  (I suppose for me, it's a mix of the two, but
leaning toward the latter.)

	-brian