mem leeks

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Tue Aug 7 13:17:32 CEST 2007

Hi Brian.

Brian J. Tarricone, 08.05.2007 19:01:
> On Tue, 08 May 2007 16:32:43 +0200 Mathias Brodala wrote:
>
>> Hi Brian.
>>
>> Brian J. Tarricone, 01.05.2007 18:30:

>>> The known leaks in xfdesktop and the menu plugin (actually the same
>>> leak) are fixed in 4.4.1.
>> This can’t be since xfdesktop still is as hungry as before.

Since all my applications took a really long time to start (even Xfce4-Terminal,
which is one of the fastest terminal emulator ever), I killed xfdesktop
yesterday and promptly 700MB of SWP were cleared. After starting xfdesktop then,
every app starts within an eyewink.

> Then prove it: show me valgrind logs with the sections highlighted that
> you believe are real leaks.

I’m running xfdesktop through valgrind now and hope I can cope with the
slowness. Are the following startup options enough?

$ valgrind -v -v --time-stamp=yes --log-file=xfdesktop --leak-check=full xfdesktop

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules