thunar-volman: application for porable music players starts for each USB storage device

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xfce at tikei.de
Wed Aug 1 10:37:25 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 14:00:35 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> Tino Keitel wrote:

[...]

> >  I did some UTSL and found out that thunar-volman threats all storage
> > devices without a "dcim" directory (Canon cameras store their photos
> > there) as a music player. The result of the HAL query for the
> > "portable_audio_player" capability is not used in the end. Is this
> > intended, or is it a bug?
>
> Sounds like a bug to me; I've noticed the same issue that you describe.
>   Please file a bug report on bugzilla.xfce.org, and someone will look
> at it when they have a chance.  (If you know how to fix it and could
> attach a patch to your bug report, all the better!)

The bug already existed since February [1]. I attached a patch that
works for me, but should be tested by other people. The patch relies on
the portable_audio_player HAL capability. However, if it is missing for
a portable music player, that would be a HAL issue, and thunar-volman
shouldn't care about it.

Regards,
Tino