XFCE Menu

somethin2cool somethin2cool at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 01:19:14 CEST 2007

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:32:38 +0100 somethin2cool wrote:
>
>> I have 2 menus on my Debian 4 XFCE desktop. I've installed from the
>> xfce disc, and I have the normal categories in a submenu called xfce,
>> and more similar categories in a sub menu called aps. Each item is
>> exclusive to one menu only, and the menu editor refers to the first as
>> SYSTEM and the later as something else.
>>
>> Since installing with this CD I have no sound or internet, which
>> worked with the Gnome cd straight away. I can't think why this would
>> be. I also have different panel items to those I had with a synaptic
>> install of XFCE, which co-existed with Gnome.
>>
>> There must be some kind of system menu 'system' which is set up wrong
>
> Sorry, are you having some kind of problem?  It's not clear what your
> issue actually is.
>
> 	-brian

When I click the big blue X button, a menu comes up. in it there are the
commands:

terminal
file manager
web browser
-
xfce>
-
aps>
sessions>
log out>
-
something else
something else
log out

Now, in both xfce and aps there are menus containing things like

graphics
office
science

and in each they contain different things.

in the menu editor, each is referred to by a single system reference,
but only one can be the system menu.

I want the contents merged, and the dud gone.