xfce and openoffice.org: strange interaction

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:08:48 CEST 2007

On 4/10/07, Christopher Pinon <ch_pinon at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a rather strange problem that may be due to a peculiarity of my
> system, but I wanted to ask just in case.
>
> Until the Easter weekend I was happily using xfce 4.4 and
> openoffice.org 2.1 together with no problems. I then upgraded to
> openoffice.org 2.2 and have noticed the following consistent behavior.
> When I start openoffice.org in xfce, the window frame (of
> openoffice.org) is distorted. This is especially clear in the title
> bar. If I move the window around (or to other desktops), the exact
> distortion of the window frame changes a bit, but it remains distorted.
> Note that the interior of the window (where openoffice.org resides) is
> not distorted, hence it _seems_ to be a window manager issue. I never
> had this problem with openoffice.org 2.1 and xfce.
>
> I've tried openoffice 2.2 under openbox (no xfce) and kde and this
> problem does not arise: the window frame is perfectly fine. Thus, it
> seems to be an interaction between openoffice 2.2 and xfce.
>
> For what it's worth, I'm using Slackware 11 and the openoffice.org
> binary that openoffice.org distributes, both on an old ThinkPad.
>
> Can anyone replicate this problem?

Yes, as a matter of fact. I get this same problem on a Xubuntu
workstation but not on a different Xubuntu workstation. I believe the
machines are essentially configured the same, but I could be wrong.
Certainly the hardware specs are quite different.

What might be causing it?

> Thanks,
> Christopher

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room