libxfce4menu and <OnlyUnallocated> tag

Martin Kraus lists_mk at wujiman.net
Tue Apr 3 10:26:38 CEST 2007

And hello again.
  this time  i can't get the <OnlyUnallocated> tag to work. I've made a testing
case using automaticaly generated  xdg menu on Debian. It scans the Debian menu
system and creates xdg menu entries in
$HOME/.local/share/{applications,desktop-directories}/menu-xdg

my menu file is:

<!DOCTYPE Menu PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD Menu 1.0//EN"
  "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/menu-spec/1.0/menu.dtd">

<Menu>
  <Name>UserMenu</Name>
  <DirectoryDir>/home/martin/.local/share/desktop-directories/menu-xdg</DirectoryDir>
  <AppDir>/home/martin/.local/share/applications/menu-xdg</AppDir>
  <Include>
    <Category>X-Debian-Apps-Net</Category>
  </Include>

  <Menu>
    <Name>System</Name>
    <Include>
      <Category>X-Debian-Apps-System</Category>
    </Include>
  </Menu>

  <Menu>
    <Name>Other</Name>
    <OnlyUnallocated/>
    <Include>
      <All/>
    </Include>
  </Menu>

</Menu>

It includes X-Debian-Apps-Net (13 entries) in the root menu,
X-Debian-Apps-System (7 entries) in the "System" menu and the rest
(67-13-7=47 entries) should go in the "Other" menu. It doesn't display this menu
however. If I change this to <NotOnlyUnallocated/> then all the entries are
included.  So the menu system can see those desktop entry files.
I've found this because the default xfce-applications.menu includes "Other"
menu similar to this that doesn't work either.

Is this a bug or is it just me?:)

thanks
Martin