4.4rc1 works for root but not for user

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Sep 30 17:36:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

I noticed you used the Gtk-Qt engine: Never, ever, do that, it crashes
and takes all GTK apps with it.

- From a console, w/out xfce running, get rid of your settings all
together, try this:

mv $HOME/.config/xfce4 $HOME/.config/xfce4.bak

And log in again.

BTW, the compositor can be enabled/disabled at runtime in 4.4. And it's
disabled by default, so it's unlikely your problem.

HTH
Olivier.