[Xfdesktop] Crash after refreshing and deleting a file

Maximilian Schleiss maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
Fri Sep 29 20:21:18 CEST 2006

Maximilian Schleiss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> whenever I delete a file from the desktop in thunar, the desktop will
> still show the file. I will then refresh the desktop with F5 and it will
> crash. I don't know what is relevant so I just launched xfdesktop in a
> terminal and here is the output:

I tried to crash xfdesktop a few times and it crashes all the time:

- start the desktop environment from the console with startxfce4
- open thunar and copy whatever file on the desktop
- close thunar, the file does not appear on the desktop so I refresh with F5
- move the file to the dustbin and xfdesktop crashes

It does show the error message from my previous mail, what is wrong on
my system? I am using a laptop with the gentoo distribution.

Max