Thunar ftp/smb plugin

Oblio apa.chioara at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 20:22:56 CEST 2006

> I, personally, like Thunar in its current form. But on the other hand, I
> would probably use Thunar as an FTP client *if* it was integrated in a
> nice way.
> Stefan

Considering the protocols most used for file operations - not just
transfer,
but also renaming & co, the most logical choices would be:
- FILE (obviously :) - I know it's a pseudoprotocol)
- FTP/SFTP
- SMB
- NFS
Could this be achieved without adding a lot of bloat that just 5% of the
users will ever need? Maybe...

BTW, you couldn't really use if effectively as a FTP client without
twin panels, or two instances... so we're back to ground zero, and I