XFCE Screensaver disable?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Sep 21 15:26:43 CEST 2006

Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> Curiously I still do not have the screen saver icon in setup on this
>> computer and yum doesn't think I need any xfce files?  That will require
>> further investigation, however it's not a problem since the screen saver
>> defaulted to none I guess?
>
> Seems like you may have a double install; one complete (yum) and another
> partial.  Do a:  locate xfce | grep /bin  and see if all are in the same
> directory, e.g. /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.
>
> Rinaldi
This is what I see:

locate xfce | grep /bin

/usr/bin/startxfce4
/usr/bin/xfce-mcs-manager
/usr/bin/xfce-setting-show
/usr/bin/xfce4-about
/usr/bin/xfce4-appfinder
/usr/bin/xfce4-iconbox
/usr/bin/xfce4-menueditor
/usr/bin/xfce4-panel
/usr/bin/xfce4-session
/usr/bin/xfce4-session-logout

But I believe in this computer [FC5} xfce was installed from some RPM's
I saved from FC4 which may account for the problem.  I think I will
remove and re-install anew the xfce-mcs files later.

Thanks.

BobG