New version (was: [Ann] xfce4-dict-plugin 0.1.0)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Thu Sep 21 00:05:16 CEST 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:46:37 +0200, Fabian Nowak <timystery at arcor.de>
wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 20.09.2006, 18:59 +0200 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> > On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:44:34 +0200, Enrico Tröger
> > <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I just released a new version to fix some bugs reported by Remco den
> > Breeje (thanks).
> >

> Hi!
>
> First of all, it's a great ideas for a plugin - no more typing "dictl
> word" in a terminal ;)
>
> I have some minor suggestions:
>
> - I'd like to enable an arbitrary amount of dictionaries, like I do
> have french, english and spanisch translations and an english
> dictionary installed on my own dictl "server".
dictl?
So you want a list of dictionaries and select several of them? Hmm, the
DICT protocol doesn't allow to specify multiple dictionaries with the
define command, so I has to do one query for every selected dictionary.
I think the easier way is, if you use your own dict server, to define a
virtual dictionary that contains these dictionaries you want to search
and then in the proerties of the plugin you choose this virtual
dictionary. Just an idea.

> - Could you try installing different sized icons? Or use a SVG version
> of this image? It looks rather "scaled" on a 48 pixels panel ;)
Oops, yes. Didn't tested it with greater sizes, my panel has "only"
24pixel ;-).

> - Before "Suchwort" ("Word to search"?), somme additional spacing
> might be a nice idea, same applies to the close button, some
> additional space after it might be nice.
Yes, I'll right align the string so it is closer to the entry widget.

> - The search button might be visually highlighted so that the user
> might recognize it more easily as the default button.
Ok.

> So, that's all from my point of view, thanks for the plugin!
Thanks for your remarks.

And I just noticed, searching for a word which doesn't exist in the used
dictionaries freezes the plugin. Oops, I knew why I've written it has
alpha state...

Regards,
Enrico