Trash Error - Success ?

tomw at videotron.ca tomw at videotron.ca
Wed Sep 20 14:15:04 CEST 2006

I finally figured out how to eliminate the trash error message.

The first step was to change the start sequence of the desktop & trash clients
in /usr/local/etc/xdg/xfce4-session/xfce4-session.rc

Client0_Command=xfwm4
Client0_PerScreen=False
Client1_Command=xfce4-panel
Client1_PerScreen=False
Client2_Command=Thunar,--daemon
Client2_PerScreen=False
Client3_Command=xfdesktop
Client3_PerScreen=False

NOTE: This next step had to been perforemed while logged in as a different user.
Next I deleted all the files in /home/mepis/.cache/sessions

The next time I logged in as user mepis the trash error message was gone
However the error was back again the next time I (mepis) logged in.

I've had to disable the automatically save settings on exit option in the session manager to eliminate the
error message completely

If I enable this option after sucessfull login (no error) the trash error is back again the next time I login.

Is this a bug or the nut behind the key board?