XFCE Screensaver disable? -

Robby Workman xfce at rlworkman.net
Tue Sep 19 21:22:10 CEST 2006

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to disable the screensaver and lock in
> FC5/xfce?  I've tried to disable it from gnome and kde but have not had
> any success?

Well, if you don't have the settings manager option for it (which
is another problem that you need to solve, but that's another
thread), then you can edit your xinitrc script.

In /home/$USER/.config/xfce4/xinitrc, you'll find these lines:
  # Launch xscreensaver (if available), but only as non-root user
  test $UID -gt 0 -a -z "$VNCSESSION" && xscreensaver -no-splash &

Comment them out and xscreensaver will no longer start for you.

If that file doesn't exist, then copy the system default from
/etc/X11/xdg/xfce4 and place it in /home/$USER/.config/xfce4,
then edit the copy in your home directory.  Of course, you could
edit the system-wide default, but it will get replaced on upgrade.

RW

--

http://rlworkman.net