ANN: Notification-daemon-xfce 0.3.5 released

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 17:12:38 CEST 2006

2006/9/10, Mathias Brodala <info at noctus.net>:
> Hello Bernhard.
>
> >> It would indeed be nice if one could set a user-defined action which were to be
> >> performed when one clicks on the notification. (Think of „New Mail!" → click →
> >> Inbox.)
> >
> > My Jabber client _uses_ the notification daemon. But I think not
> > notify-send but the Python bindings for the libnotification library
> > directly.
>
> Too bad notify-send is not able to do that. (Maybe I should ask the developer?)

With libnotify you can attach widgets and create action buttons
(g_signal_connect style), but how would you like to trigger actions
from a command line? Something like notify-send --action=<button
string>:<command> "title" if not very user friendly. Besides, the
daemon needs to execute the command then. So.. you can add buttons and
stuff but you need to write your app in C (or use decent bindings
(?)).

Nick