Thunar Archive Plugin

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Sat Sep 9 04:44:50 CEST 2006

I am trying to get Thunar and the Archive Plugin to work with Xarchiver.
I am running Xfce 4.2.2 on Slackware 10.2. I have Thunar 0.4.0rc1,
Thunar Archive Plugin 0.2.0, Xarchiver 0.4.0, all of which work fine.
The last three were installed from source into /usr/local

When I select "Create Archive..." or any of the other archive options in
the context menus, I get "No suitable archive manager found." I suspect
that Thunar isn't finding the .desktop and/or .tap files. When I
installed Xarchiver it installed them into the following paths:

   /usr/local/libexec/thunar-archive-plugin/xarchiver.tap
   /usr/local/share/applications/xarchiver.desktop

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Bob S.