xfce4.4RC1 & trash

Johan Sandelin johan at alphafish.com
Mon Sep 4 14:34:28 CEST 2006

Have you got RC1 installed in paralell with an older version?

The same thing happened to me. I'm running an SVN version of XFCE
installed in /opt/xfce-svn but "ps -x" showed me that "/usr/bin/Thunar
--daemon" was running. The old version of thunar that was installed
in /usr/bin didn't have support for thrash, and I think that's what
caused the problem.

I couldn't find out why the old Thunar was started in place of the new
one, since "which Thunar" indicates that the new Thunar is default. I
solved it the really ugly way, by replacing /usr/bin/Thunar with a
symlink to the new Thunar. Does anyone else have a better solution for
this problem?

/ Johan