Lost some stuff

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Sun Sep 3 23:10:14 CEST 2006

Hello Larry.

> While I was building my menu something happened and I lost the ability to
> bring up the menu by right clicking on the desktop. I still have it on the
> panel but clicking on the desktop now does nothing at all. I also can't bring
> up a backdrop graphic or any kind of colors on the desktop, it's just black
> now.

Did you start nautilus by mistake? It usually takes over the desktop resulting
in what you described.

> I tried deleting the session.rc but that did no good at all. How so I get the
> background graphic back and the ability to get the menu with a desktop click
> of the mouse???

If you started nautilus, kill all processes of it and start it with the
„--no-desktop“ argument from now on.

If not: does the problem remain when you log out and in once again?

Or maybe you just killed xfdesktop? If so, just start it again.

Regards, Mathias