RSS plugin for Xfce 4 Panel

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Oct 30 19:37:30 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 18:17 +0200, Stavros Giannouris wrote:

> Hello Adriano! I am currently beginning to test this plugin, and I
> noticed that when adding a new feed, http:// is put in the url field.
> A typical use case (for me at least) is that a feed url is copied from
> the website and pasted into the field. Thus, the presupplied http:// is
> actually an inconvenience instead of a convenience.
>
> It should not be there IMHO.

	I will second this.  It's something that a couple of other apps and
even some websites (Blogger) do that is quite inconvenient.

	An offshoot of this is the actual need for the protocol part of the URL
in the first place.  In this specific example, are there any feeds that
are not carried over http?  I'm not much of a RSS user so I don't know
much of anything about feeds.

Joe

P.S. This is a good example of how to post a proper "me too" reply.  ;-)