Encoding issue with xfdesktop

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Mon Oct 30 18:37:13 CET 2006

Hi,

I don't normally crosspost, but I've also sent a message about this to
xfce-i18n, since I guess people on that list will be more concerned about this
specific problems than the average ASCII guy:oD

I've just built 4.3.99.1 from source on Slackware 11.0. My system-wide LANG is
fr_FR at euro, since many apps still have issues with UTF-8.

French messages, special characters and accents... are displayed OK in Thunar.
On the desktop, on the other hand, things don't look so well. Here's a
screenshot to get an idea:

http://www.kikinovak.net/encoding.png

I *think* it's xfdesktop expecting my system to be utf-8 instead of latin1. But
I'm not sure.

Any suggestions about what to do now?

Niki Kovacs