Help I've wiped out my xfce display -

lists_mk at wujiman.net lists_mk at wujiman.net
Sat Oct 28 07:18:43 CEST 2006

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 08:15:20PM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:

>             I wasn't trying to assign blame, least of all to xfce, just
>             looking for a way out of my problem.

I wasn't hinting that you did. Some distros just use less tested software than
others. for them it's stable enough. not that xfce wouldn't be stable enough.

>         I assumed from what you said it was v. 4.4? you wrote this morning
>         "they've updated xfce4.2 to xfce4.4. they don't have compatible
>         configurations."

I was just guessing that the problem was an update from 4.2 to 4.4. both use
the same location for configuration files "~/.config". it's just, that those
configuration files mainly for panel are different and incompatible.

>         Looking at file names it appears that it might be v. 4.3.99
>         since some of the files and rpms are marked as such.

That's some release candidate for 4.4. I solved my update by deleting config
files for xfce and configuring it anew. got rid of much that wasn't needed.

mk