Help I've wiped out my xfce display -

lists_mk at wujiman.net lists_mk at wujiman.net
Sat Oct 28 01:10:38 CEST 2006

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 06:53:11PM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> lists_mk at wujiman.net wrote:
> Are you saying that FC6 contains a version of xfce that is not going to
> be stable?

stable is such a subjective term:) i don't use fedora, so i have absolutely no
idea. but i've noticed that debian testing includes xfce4.4.

> There appears to be a problem in that it has crashed again while I was
> trying to remove a "clock date" application from the panel. I dragged it
> from the panel to the menu per the instruction, that appeared to work,
> but several seconds later the menu closed and both panels were gone.
> Since I had it set to "autohide" and save my configuration on the next
> boot and I am looking at a blank screen now, I can only repair from the
> command line. What do I need to change/delete to get the xfce desktop back?

so have you determined what version of xfce4 are you using?
all configuration for xfce4 is in ~/.config, mainly ~/.config/xfce4.
backup that, delete it and run xfce again. if it runs, you can try putting
back that directory and play with files in there or you can just create new
settings.
mk