problem with desktop

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 18:30:55 CEST 2006

On 10/27/06, Amir Sabbagh <almucantarat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> today while i was using my xfce 4.2 suddently the desktop switcher
> desappeared and my windows lost their borders. As you can see from the
> image, i haven't the "close window" cross neither the rest of the buttons.
>
> The windows open on the taskbar.
> Also Alt+Tab to cycle between open windows doesn't work.
> The mouse pointer is a cross instead of an arrow.
>
> How can i fix these errors?

All of these features are managed by Xfwm, which has closed for some reason

Open up a terminal from your panel, and run
$ xfwm4 & disown

That should fix your problem

ps: Don't send 100k attachments to a list like this. Drop the
screenshot somewhere else and link to it, for many of us that is a
pain to download

> Thank you
>
> Amir

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room