Help I've wiped out my xfce display -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Oct 27 11:52:33 CEST 2006

This time I decided to upgrade from FC5 to FC6 and save the trouble of
reconfiguring everything ... but it turns our nothing is ever easy, not
for me anyway!

After doing a yum update and rebooting this morning XFCE produced a
different display than what has evolved from my settings over the last
year or more.

So I spent about an hour trying to get back to where I want to be, set
things to remember my settings, and then when I clicked on an item in
the settings screen both "panels" appeared to go to [permanent] autohide
[?] and all I have now is a black screen with a cursor.  Nothing I do
gets me back to a menu or settings screen.

Is there a way to restore the defaults if nothing else.  The alternative
now seems to be to remove/re-install xfce ...  Seems there ought to be a
better way?

Bob Goodwin