How to apply manual changes in files?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Oct 25 20:10:59 CEST 2006

Hi,

2006/10/25, Dominik Klein <dk at in-telegence.net>:
> I need to change a few hundred custom launcher-commands. This can be
> easily done with an sed script in ~/.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-<id>.rc
>
> If I apply these changes while running xfce, they are not active right
> away and overwritten witht he old version when re-starting xfce.

When exiting Xfce, actually ;-)

> If I edit the file while xfce is not running, it is overwritten with the
> old version the next time I start xfce.

That doesn't sound right... In fact, that is not possible -- how would
the panel know about the old version?

The panel saves its configuration on exit; if you change the config
files when the panel is not running, the panel will use the new
settings.

I guess I misunderstood what you mean, didn't I?

--
        Jasper