Focus stealing prevention doesn't do anything?

Andrew Robinson andrew.rw.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 17:08:05 CEST 2006

Using that setting in Gaim, I have stopped the conversation windows
from stealing focus, but all other apps seem to still steal the focus,
including the keyboard focus. Applications that raise message boxes,
or dialog boxes especially seem to have those opened windows steal the
keyboard focus even though the parent window did not have the focus.

I really haven't noticed any difference of setting the activate focus
stealing. I would love it should there be a way that a program that is
not active should *never* get the focus under no circumstances. The
only new windows that should receive the focus should be those started
by the task bar, new application windows (application was just
started) or dialogs of applications that already have the focus. Any
chance at all of having that type of functionality in the future?

Thanks,
-Andrew