Version requirements for Xfce 4.4

Thomas Eriksson thomas.eriksson at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Oct 21 01:03:43 CEST 2006

Auke Kok wrote:
> Thomas Eriksson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a shortlist of what the requirements are/will be for
>> running/building Xfce 4.4
>>
>> I had a go at building SVN on RHEL4 and quickly realized that
>> Xfce 4.4 will probably never run on that one.
>
> www.xfce.org -> documentation

For Xfce 4.2, yes, but 4.4 seems have very different requirements.

I started to build libxfce4util, which wants gobject >= 2.6.0
which in turn requires glib >= 2.6 and so on. I guess if I
continue through the packages I will find many more.

Was just wondering If I could find this information upfront somewhere.

	Thomas