menu list

Joel Oliveira joel.oliveira at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:28:39 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

I just joined the list so apologies ahead of time if this question has been
asked, and answered, a million times before.

I've just recenty made the switch to linux 100% and decided that xfce
(4.4rc1) was the desktop environment for me. In the course of setting
things up
for myself I noticed that I couldn't find or figure out how to update the
included "system" sub-menu inside the XFCE4 Menu Editor.  I see "--- include
---" and "system".  I right click and select "Edit entry", select a style,
click "ok" ... but nothing happens.

I can only assume these are the system-wide menus that xfce and the other
desktop env's share across each others' space. Is that correct?

Anyway - can anyone tell me where to get in there to edit them? Add, remove,
etc?  I tried gnome's alacarte editor as well but after making changes they
aren't reflected in my xfce menu.

Thanks!

- J