update-desktop-database

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 17:58:06 CEST 2006

On 9/29/06, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> You'll need the desktop-file-utils package:
>
>   http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fdesktop_2dfile_2dutils

Shouldn't the installer check for this dependency, and inform the user if
missing?

I got the same error, hence the installation failed at 100%. I plan to
remove all packages installed
by the graphical installer as soon as an Xfce rc1 ebuild gets available
officially, and currently running
"software uninstaller" doesn't allow me to actually uninstall the
packages (the "next" button cannot be activated). Are there any other
means to uninstall it (from commandline or something
else)? Otherwise I'll probably install the dekstop-file-utils, rebuild
Xfce and remove it
when the ebuild emerges.

--
Liviu