RSS plugin for Xfce 4 Panel

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 30 06:13:47 CET 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:11:32 -0200
Adriano Winter Bess got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> I thought you had grabbed the package from SVN.

Love to. Where it at?

> If you don't have autogen.sh, you certainly have a configure script, it works
> (essentially) the same way as the other.

Dang! I was gonna mention that, but I thought it would make me look stupid
('You don't know how to create an autogen script? Luser!'). D'oh! Sorry...works
the other way...heh.

Anyway, yeah, I tried the command as you suggested, substituting 'configure'
for 'autogen'. Still no go.

One thing confuses me (not difficult, as you can tell).

The configure script says to put VAR=VALUE after the ./configure --prefix=,
I've tried it every way I can think of, but still it says

checking for python module xfce4... no
configure: error: not found

I'm sure I installed all of the deps, is there something missing here?:

[joehill at node1:~>$]ls /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xfce4
_gui.la*  _gui.so*      _mcs.la*  _mcs.so*   netk.pyo    panel.pyc   util.py
gui.py    __init__.py   mcs.py    _netk.la*  _netk.so*   panel.pyo   util.pyc
gui.pyc   __init__.pyc  mcs.pyc   netk.py    _panel.la*  _panel.so*  util.pyo
gui.pyo   __init__.pyo  mcs.pyo   netk.pyc   panel.py    _util.la*   _util.so*

Thanks very much for taking the time :-)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046