n00b keyboard question.

Bruno Jesus XFCE myxfce at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 04:02:40 CET 2006

> > The keyboard layout is set in the xorg.conf file, usually located in
> > /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> Thats my biggest problem there is nothing in /etc/X11/
> and if I do a search for it all I find are these
>   /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xorg.conf.eg
> /usr/X11R6/man/man5/xorg.conf.5.gz
>
> the first is a example and the second is a gz ??

Try doing a X -configure, this will make X generate the config file,
then change the keyboard layout and run it with X -config FILE.

If the autoconfiguration does not work, make a copy of
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xorg.conf.eg and configure the X server manually,
then run X -config with this file.

--
Dê-me uma alavanca e um SO livre e moverei o mundo!