[Terminal] "--tab" option miss-behaves

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 17:47:32 CET 2006

On 11/28/06, Benedikt Meurer <meurer at informatik.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> Liviu Andronic wrote:
> > The --tab option for Terminal doesn't work properly.
> >
> > I have tried with "startxfce4" and with "dbus-launch startxfce4" and it
> > makes no difference. From emelFM2 or Thunar, "terminal --tab -x mplayer
> > %f" instead of opening a tab into an existing Terminal Window, opens a
> > new Terminal Window with two tabs: first one makes a cd to the current
> > dir (where the file is located) and second one actually runs the
> command.
> >
> > Is there any way to make it work properly?
>
> Looks like it works just perfect for you.

The first  "terminal --tab -x mplayer %f" opens a new Terminal Window with
two tabs in it. But so does any subsequent "terminal --tab -x mplayer %f"
command. Which makes that with "--tab" option, instead of opening a new
Terminal Window, opens a New Terminal Window _with_ two tabs.

I would expect a different behaviour: reuse of the newly created window.
That is, the subsequent commands would open tabs into this new window.

Or am I wrong on the intended use of this option?
Liviu