Always on Top

Odenthal, James P james.odenthal at accusort.com
Sat Nov 18 23:36:54 CET 2006

I have a dialog that must never be covered.

I used gtk_window_set_keep_above(), gtk_window_stick() to set "above" and "sticky".
Though set "above",  it can still obscured by another dialog spawned from same application window.

In FC4, Gnome 2.10, Metacity;  I used a visibility event to detect when visibilty changed.  I then called
gtk_window_present() to force the covered dialog to top. This kept the sacred window un obscured.

However in XFCE 4.2.2, wmxf4;  The visibility event is working; but the gtk_window_present() seems to have no effect. The window that I need always on top remains under the other dialog.

My customer will not tolerate her window covered.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim Odenthal

immediately.