Terminal special colors, etc

Mis,u Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Thu Nov 16 08:46:47 CET 2006

Alexander Toresson wrote:
> On 11/16/06, David A. De Graaf <dad at datix.us> wrote:
>> With Terminal there are no such options, but there is the environment
>> variable, XDG_CONFIG_HOME.  So I created a new directory,
>> ~/.configroot, and the launcher command
>>     export XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/home/dad/.configroot; Terminal -x /bin/su -
>>
>> That didn't work.  Apparently, compound commands aren't acceptable.
>
> Well, rather, xfce4-panel doesn't fire up a full shell just to execute
> your command. You could do the following, though:
>
> bash -c "export XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/home/dad/.configroot; Terminal -x /bin/su -"

While I appreciate the previous responses, I would like to point out
that this is another of those needs that would be better served by
profiles (á la Gnome Terminal). In Gnome Terminal the profiles (which
also store the color preferences) are transparently saved when ending a
session and restored when the user comes back.

Also, I think the above solution would only work for individual Terminal
instances and not for shared instances or different tabs in the same
Terminal window.

--
     .
 /^)/_/(/