Terminal special colors, etc

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 04:01:39 CET 2006

On 11/15/06, David A. De Graaf <dad at datix.us> wrote:
> *Snip*
> But...   There's a problem.
> When I reboot, the session manager captures the command for each
> window, but not the environment variable.  Thus the new session has
> root windows that prompt for the root password, but the special colors
> are lost.
>
> How can the proper XDG_CONFIG_HOME value be saved for each window?

I don't know that the session manager can handle this - Benny correct
me if I am wrong.

However, rather than using a saved session to launch the Terminals,
you can use use a script. The method will differ slightly if you are
using the latest stable Xfce (4.2.x) or if you are using one of the
recent RCs of Xfce 4.4.0.

If you are using the latest stable Xfce then just drop a script that
sets up and launches all the Terminals you need at startup, along with
their various custom environments, and drop it in ~/Desktop/Autostart

If you are using Xfce 4.4 RC, you can use the autostart editor.
Admittedly, it requires a GUI, but I think you can handle it ;-). Run
the Autostarted Applications from the Settings submenu (alternatively,
run xfce4-autostart-editor from the command line). Then click the Add
button, and write in a short label and description for your Terminal
script, and then browse to the location of your script.

Hope that's clear, feel free to ask if you need any clarification

> --
>         David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC

I don't know how I missed this before, but you're from just down the
road David - I'm in Asheville. One of these days I mean to give a demo
of Xfce to the LUG - should our LUG ever have a meeting again.....

>         dad at datix.2y.net     www.datix.us

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room