[Terminal] open tab in existing window

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 09:07:07 CET 2006

>         The "--tab" option should do this.  It reads -
>
> --tab   Open a new tab in the last-specified window; more than one of
>         these options can be provided.
>
> This seems to mean that if you send a command like "terminal --tab -x
> mplayer" it should open this in the last active Terminal window.

I tried 'terminal --tab -x mplayer %f' in both emelFM2 and Thunar, and the
behaviour is identical: instead of opening a tab in the existing Terminal
Window, it opens a new Terminal Window with two tabs. The first one is
simply doing a "cd %d" and the second is actually running 'mplayer %f' (in
this context, the macros have similar effect accross both applications).

I'm not sure whether this is relevant, but I am logging in to Xfce by
executing 'dbus-launch startxfce4'.

Any ideas?

--
Liviu