XFCE vs. FVWM

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 13 03:41:04 CET 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:33:37 +0800
"可冰" <kebing.zh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which is better?
>
> friends
> ---
> kebing

Oh, I'll take a stab at this one: Try XFCE, then try FVWM. They're both
free, and they can live happily together on the same machine. See which
one you like best. Others have been using Linux far longer than I have,
but I'm coming to the conclusion that rarely is one window manager
better than another -- just different. It's up to the user to figure
out which has the features that best meets his or her needs/wants. And
the only way to do that is to try it.

Sorry to be so wishy-washy...

Pete

--