Xfce 4.4 on Cygwin

Nick Deubert ndeubert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 22:22:57 CET 2006

> There's no need to run both autogen.sh and configure from a SVN
> checkout.  Just run autogen.sh, and pass it any options you'd usually
> pass to configure.  autogen.sh runs configure when it's finished.
>
> The reason you're getting different results is probably because your
> first 'make' uses the default prefix, and your second 'make' uses the
> prefix you passed to configure.  I'm not sure why that would change the
> errors you get, unless the include path is getting messed with based on
> the different prefix.  That doesn't make all that much sense to me, but
> things on Windows rarely make all that much sense, in my experience.

Well originally I re-ran configure with the --prefix and
--disable-debug and got this error:
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `thunar-marshal.c', needed by
`Thunar-thunar-marshal.o'.

But then after seeing Brian's email I ran autogen.sh with --prefix and
--disable-debug and now it all builds and installs fine. On to
xfdesktop...
Thanks guys!