[SPAMKLASSAT av SU] Keyboard shortcut to switch between terminal tabs?

Mis,u Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Wed Nov 8 08:52:01 CET 2006

Niki Kovacs wrote:
[snip]
> Q: is there a keyboard shortcut to switch between open Terminal tabs, so I can
> let my rodent sleep? Something similar to [Alt] + [Tab] for switching between
> open windows, or [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Left/Right Cursor] to switch between virtual
> desktops?

Ctrl+PgUp   = switch to previous tab (if any)
Ctrl+PgDown = switch to next tab (if any)
Alt+1       = switch to the 1st tab
Alt+2       = switch to the 2nd tab (if it exists)
Alt+9       = switch to the 9th tab (if it exists)

It's all in the Shortcuts section of Terminal's preferences.

Being used with the tab management from Gnome apps (Galeon and Gnome
Terminal come to mind) I would also like to have:
Ctrl+Shift+PgUp   = move tab to the left
Ctrl+Shift+PgDown = move tab to the right

And everything should work circularly (when using the last tab,
Ctrl+PgDown should switch to the first tab).

Thanks,

--
     .
 /^)/_/(/