[cpu freq & battery monitors] fail to detect cpu and battery

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 15:18:20 CET 2006

I have Xfce RC1 installed, with plugins cpu frequency monitor and
battery monitor sources downloaded from goodies.xfce.org.

Battery fails to detect correctly my battery. The only thing it is
displaying is graphical empty battery and 50%%.

While Cpu freq fails to detect my cpu. I have:
localhost ~ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 599.939
cache size      : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe up est tm2
bogomips        : 1200.80

Are these bugs or problems with my hardware? I have no problems
running Linux on battery only (that is, no AC charger). While System
Load Monitor works exactly as expected.

Regards,
Liviu