xfdesktop patch (new mcs options for icon labels)

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Thu May 25 23:49:52 CEST 2006

>>> http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/xfdesktop/trunk/README
>>>

>> Maybe I'm wrong, but I think what he meant is that theme settings
>> _should_ not be responsible for label transparency. My knowledge of gtk
>> theming policy/good practice does not reach far enough to make a
>> judgment on this.
>>

> Well I think ice cream shouldn't be eaten while drinking beer.  If
> you're going to say something outrageous, you gotta back it up, no?

I think you seem a bit agitated. There's nothing I said that needs
backing up. Especially nothing "outrageous". I just said that I don't
know too much about style properties that can be put into an gtkrc file.
And where the point is reached where that is better left to some
programs auto-generating them. You decide what goes into xfdesktop, I
fully understand and I would never question that. I guess I made that clear.

Nevertheless, I think there's nothing wrong with having a different
opinion about how certain user-configurable options should be
accessible. But again, that's not my place to decide. A discussion about
it should be allowed.
> And it's not a "theme setting" per se.  It's a "style property".  Label
> alpha seems well-suited to that to me.

Yes, that may well be.
> 	-brian
>
> [1] For the record, I love drinking beer and eating ice cream.

Me too. Beer more than ice cream, though.

Nick.